Monday 22 September 2008

Back Again.

Well, it's been several months since I last blogged. I know, I am rubbish at this, but truly when I sit down to do it, i find, gosh I have nothing interesting to say.

Well in the time I've been away I have been to France for a Holiday and southern England. Had wonderful time in both places. Very hot in France and very relaxing in England.

I am so determind to finish my novel "Going off the rails" by the beginning of October. I have 20k to go and will be done by infills as I call them. The story is done, now I just have to add bits that are missing to keep continuity. I love it and think it's a great story, I'm hoping an agent and publisher will too. I have my faithful readers doing their bit and have just had a wonderful offer from a male friend, kev, to read it for me so I can get a male prospective on it. (Not a boy book though, very girlie, hope he enjoys it.) Thanks to Fia and Annie who have both said they'd help out with the proof reading. Thanks girls, much appreciated.

After this will be sending it off to Lynne Patrick for some professional feed back, (fingers crossed) and from then on we'll wait and see.

For those of you interested, Henry, is huge, gorgeous and brilliant. Having said that, the little blighter has just leaped up onto the Aga and pinched my lunch. So now he's in solitary with a grumpy face cos I shouted at him and pulled said lunch out of his mouth. It's a stubborn thing with me, I won't let him eat it if he's nicked it, even if he bites my hand. He never has, just looks at me solemnly to make me feel bad. I do what i do with hubby, I don't look at the face when I know they're trying to get round me. Best bit of advice I ever got.

Charlotte my youngest started high school this September and made me feel old and sad that she's so grown up. Girls are so much harder than boys. Blimey they are so complicated.

Hubby keeps banging on as to when is book going to be finished. I will be banging him on the head with the frying pan soon. Don't they all, these none writers, think it's sooo easy to write a book and why does it take you so long. F...... O.. . is what I want to say.

We're talking about decorating the lounge for xmas, have been since last year, still I can't face it. i want to get somebody in, hubby is digging his heels in. So I'm now saying " book won't get written if I have to decorate!"

I'm being taken out for the day on the 12th October by my cousin, for a suprise, apparantly i need to be free from 8am to 6pm, and she won't tell me why or what for. I hate suprises. There was a time when I hated leaving the kids, now I hate leaving Henry. Oh yeah, the husband comes into the thoughts some of the time too!!!

Henry learnt to swim at the weekend. We took him to a beautiful lake in Goostry and finally he swam. It was a wonderful time for us.

Unfortunatly, I don't think Henry is into literature, he nicked my novel (the one I'm reading not writing) the other week and took it to his favourite place in the garden, when I went to find him I also found my novel in a million pieces. I don't think he likes chick lit.

I'd best stop rabbiting on and get to doing some real writing.
Hopefully this won't be the last entry for months. I will try and keep at it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back in the blogosphere Mercedes. Glad you enjoyed your holidays. It sounds like your novel is going really well too, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Your "Work In Progress" meter does not seem to be displaying at the moment. Looking at the source, I think you've been trying to edit it as rich text instead of HTML. This means that some extra unwanted guff has appeared. Don't worry though, I think we can fix it:

* Edit the widget to get to the "Configure HTML/Javascript" pop-up window.
* Make sure you're in HTML entry mode, not rich text. The phrase "Rich Text" should be near the top-right (confusingly). If it says "Edit HTML" then click that.
* Erase all the contents of the main box, and replace it with the following text:

<script src="http://www.kevinmachin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Scripts/Captain_Black.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
MeterStart ("Title", "Count", "Expected", "Progress")
MeterRow ("Going Off The Rails", 67000, 90000)
MeterEnd ()
-->
</script>
<noscript>
<p style="color:red">
Please enable Javascript in your browser for the word meter to work.
</p>
</noscript>

* Click "Save".
* Refresh browser to display your blog.

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

You sound as if you've been really busy.

I hated it when my daughter went off to school, but now I love having some free time to write.

I know what you mean about non-writers. I hate it when someone who knows that I write (very few people do) asks if 'its' published yet, as if it was that easy.

Naughty Henry ruining your book, maybe he thought he was being helpful and getting rid of any distractions to help you carry on writing.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hi Merc,

Lovely to see you blogging again, it really is good to see you as you started me off in the first place! However, it is hard to keep at it, good luck.
Frankie

Lars Shalom said...

and it will stop raining

Annieye said...

Good on yer, Mercedes. When you've finished send me some proof reading and I'll do it at lunchtimes at work.

Our lounge needs decorating too. And my extension still needs finishing. Even with a semi-retired husband things still aren't getting done!