Saturday 5 April 2008

Cook Till You Drop!

I have been baking all day today, with my ten year old daughter who absolutely adores Doris the Aga. We have made chocolate eclairs and a carrot cake. Since we got the Aga we bake and bake and bake. I will be the worlds biggest women if we carry on like this.

I love my Aga and can't believe it took me so long to get one. Just to add that I've just popped into the simmering oven to cook at a gentle heat, some leak and potato soup for tomorrow lunch time. Domestic Goddess I am!!! Nigella move over.

4 comments:

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

I absolutely agree with you, aga food is great even the toast tastes better aga-d! I just feel envious as my 50 year old rayburn is on its last legs. It is a converted one from solid fuel to oil, it just keeps ticking over to take the chill of the house and supply hot water. Lucky you.

Annieye said...

Henry is gorgeous, pooey bum an'all. You could be right about the cheese. Our labradors get the runs in the autumn - they absolutely love fallen pears and apples.

Hubby has a greenhouse where he grows tomatoes and cucumbers. In the height of the summer we have to fix a board across the open door because the labs go in and nick the tomatoes straight off the plants.

They also love carrots, peas and runner beans. Oh - and grapes apples and bananas.

Karen said...

I do love baking, but have never tried it on an Aga. My mum used to make chocolate eclairs...must give them a try one day :o)

Georgina said...

Hi Mercedes, I called in via, Frankie. I must say I had to laugh when I saw you loved your AGA. We had one here in SW France and sold it to someone back in the UK. I now have a lovely range cooker with gas 6 burner hob, double oven etc etc. Aga's are no fun in 35 degree summers. Now I can cook all year long. Debs