Saturday 5 January 2008

I sound Like a Fish Wife!

I have had a scary day today. Henry decided to escape. We have one part of the garden that is not fenced in. It's only a little part and he knows not to go there, and on the most part he is pretty brilliant. But today whilst I was collecting his poop, he decides to go through the little gap. Of course, as soon as I realise I scream like a fish wife STOP and miraculously he does. I then scream in a very panicky voice, (because at the end of this road is a fairly busy road) STAY. Then I run round to the front of the house in my dressing gown (it's early morning) with my coat over the top, my hair a jumbly mess and no makeup and call him to come. And he does! Amazing! I was so proud he got spoilt all day long with loads of little treats. I think perhaps he realised I was makeupless and would cause a real commotion if anyone saw so he came back. What a gent.

Nothing else to report, except took the tree down today because fed up with it, and I'm such a Scrooge I couldn't bear it up another day. All those sodding needles everywhere! I have to say I was not impressed with hubby who sat on the sofa reading the papers whilst I struggled to pull the prickly bastard out of its pot then drag its dead carcass out of the door while it left all its sharp pointy bits on my carpet. (This is the tree not the hubby - though i would have liked to do that to him too.)

1 comment:

Annieye said...

Your heart just stops, doesn't it, when a puppy gets out? You can only hope that all the training you have put in has somehow sunk in.

I'm really glad he was OK.

One of ours got out on the A14 when they were only about six months old. We live about 10 mins walk away from Junction 10 on this evil road. We found the front door open and one lab gone and the other running up and down the road in a panic.

That was when we discovered Barney could open doors inwards - he's an expert at opening any door and can even manipulate doorknobs if they are not too stiff.

Luckily a nineteen year old girl who lives a few doors along the road was driving home when she saw Barney, and thought it might be one of ours. She stopped on the slip road and called out "Zak Barney" (coz she didn't know which one it was) and she said he just shot over to the car and jumped in the back seat absolutely terrified. We were so grateful to her for bringing him back.