Friday 14 December 2007

Freezing My Tits Off!

God it's so bloody cold that I'm freezing my tits off taking Henry (my dog) out to the loo. Why oh why can't any place do? Why do we have to wonder around the garden so many times only to come back to the first place to do our business!!!

Took Henry out for a walk today. Just to fill you all in, Henry is the laziest dog on the planet. When I got a retriever I was told they need loads of exercise, well this little man doesn't want any. A walk up the street is painful, for me, because after about 100yards he wants to go home. And he's a heavy bugger, so dragging is out of the question.

However, today I took him to the woods and he loved it. Had him on one of those retractable leads and he was over the moon. It was such a joy, then the little bastard decided to pitch his strength against mine and gave a mammoth tug as he sped away and I lost him. He ran round and round this muddy patch with the entrance just 20yards from us, open onto a busy road, I too was running round and round the muddy patch. (Not as gracefully as he, the green wellies and muddy coat not as glam as a gorgeous cream furry duvet.) Before I fell on my face I stopped panicking and launched myself onto him.

I missed by a mile.

But I managed to grab his lead and pull him in.

Then I went home, humiliated.

Bloody dogs, what's wrong with cats I ask myself, they never make me throw myself onto the ground like a mad woman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great title!

Perhaps you could keep warmer by wearing more than just green wellies }:o>

I had a dog when I was younger and I remember him being attracted to muddy puddles like some fifth force of nature.

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

I'll tell you what's wrong with cats (well, mine, anyway) - they leave little brown messages in the bath; they have expensive dietary requirements; they choose to sit/sleep in the most inconvenient part of the bed; the scratch at the very expensive coir matting we have on the stairs... I could go on... Dogs are much better.

PS Came across your blog via Jane W-J's wannabe a writer site - just been reading the book, which I think is great.

Anonymous said...

I bet it's not as cold where you are as where I am in Scotland.
There's a brass monkey walking around, and he's looking for a welder.

Annieye said...

Hiya

The joys of owning a retriever! The laziest dogs on the planet, until they spot mud, muck and a main road.

One of ours got onto the A14 when he was a pup. It's a miracle he wasn't killed. It still makes me go cold with fear.