Sunday 11 November 2007



Message to self!


DO SOME WRITING!



To say that I am truly knackered is to fib. I am f.... knackered. Having to get up early for Henry is killing me. And my knees are giving up the ghost because of all the bending. However, he is a little love, I keep telling myself, as I pass out in front of the telly ...again!





My novel is and has been since he arrived on the back boiler. Fortunately, this last week or so I have managed to steal some time and get stuck in. Having changed my heroine so many times I feel like I have a personality disorder. Despite all this she is now a "nice and warm" person. (I hope). Apparently, so I'm told, they have to be to be liked by publishers.





So, (taking a deep breath) I have now finished the first chapter (which I have edited beyond belief) and now continue to plough through the rest of the 30k words I have in black and white squirreled away in the computer.





Thankfully, I have a super friend (Erika) who reads for me, and tells me (I hope) if something is crap or crappy, or hugely crappy or maybe wonderful, fabulous and even possibly "Hey I enjoyed that - just watch the spelling boobs) which I sometimes make no matter how many times I read it through. Spelling blindness, I call it. What a drag. It doesn't happen often, just sometimes with stupid things like, soles and souls. Makes me laugh though, when they're pointed out. Dah! what a tit!





Stirring up the courage to post a little of said chapter to see what you guys think. Getting there slowly. Yikes! is that confidence I hear Mercedes? Bloody hell, hang on there girl, you'll be out of control soon. :)





I have now and have for a while posted a post-it, on my computer "USE FIVE SENSES" this is to remind me that whilst all this marvellous stuff is happening in my head, I have to remember to let reader now about it too. (so picky these readers.)

2 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Is that one chapter at 30,000 words?
Or am I being thick here (as usual)
Sounds like you're storming away with it now and glad you've got your heroine sorted:-)
Don't wory about your knees. When Henry is full grown you won't have so much bending to do. Unfortunatley my two didn't grow very tall - damn them:-)
x

Annieye said...

Hi Mercedes. I see you are storming away with that word count. Congratulations. On the dog front I hate to tell you this, but retrievers - well mine anyway - think they are forever puppies. My labs are four now and they still want to sit on your lap and watch tv. They dive under the coffee table constantly while playing and knock everything flying, oh ... and constantly waggy tails are very good at knocking off anything that might be at tail height. Oh and another thing - all that slobber when you are having a nice morning cuppa with digestive biscuits ....

But they are luvvverly - much nicer than humans.

Anne